Aside from helping us lower our energy bills, LED lighting also does wonders for our health.
How? Read on to learn about some of the health benefits of LED lighting.
Health Benefits of Using LED Lights
- Light sensitivity can lead to headaches and migraines. For those who experience light sensitivity as a result of flickering fluorescent bulbs, LED lighting is the best option. LED light bulbs also have a more consistent color, which reduces eye strain that can also lead to headaches and migraines.
Reduces stress and anxiety
- Sometimes, when we don’t get enough sunlight, we may experience anxiety and stress. LED lighting eliminates this problem because it mimics the effects of natural light. LED lighting can help decrease levels of anxiety and stress in people who spend most of their time indoors.
Regulates your Circadian rhythm
- The newer types of LED lighting can have the same effect on humans as natural light. LED light bulbs can normalize your Circadian rhythm and encourage normal sleep patterns.
Increases your learning performance and productivity
- Institutions that use LED lighting have reported increased productivity levels in their workers. This is also true for some schools where LED lighting is the main source of lighting. Some studies have observed that workers who work under LED lighting have improved cognitive function and better overall performance.
Reduces your exposure to mercury
- Fluorescent and incandescent light bulbs contain some amount of mercury. LED light bulbs don’t. Mercury is a highly toxic element that is fatal in large doses.
Reduces your exposure to UV radiation
- LED lighting does not emit ultraviolet radiation, which has been linked to skin cancer, premature aging, and eye strain.
Reduces your exposure to anxiety-inducing noise
- Fluorescent bulbs produce a low but annoying buzz that can be distracting and can give people headaches, fatigue, and stress. LED lighting is completely silent.
For more information about lighting, call Mister Sparky® of the Bay Area at (707) 368-4821 today!