Get It Done Safely.
We Make Your Home Safer
Electrical problems can lead to malfunctioning equipment, at best, and home fires, at worst. When your home is at stake, you should have an emergency electrician you can rely on. At Mister Sparky® of Augusta, we make your home safer by ensuring your electrical circuits and wiring work properly and efficiently.
If you suspect electrical problems, give us a call at (706) 607-6812 regardless of the time of day because we take calls 24/7!
Up to $500 Off Whole House Briggs & Stratton Fortress Generators Mister Sparky® of Augusta Service fee may apply. Valid at participating locations. Limit one coupon per household. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Some restrictions, taxes and fees may apply. Expires Dec 31, 2020
$49 Whole Home Electrical Inspection Mister Sparky® of Augusta Service fee may apply. Valid at participating locations. Limit one coupon per household. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Some restrictions, taxes and fees may apply. Expires Dec 31, 2020
According to the U.S. Fire Administration, fires caused specifically by electrical malfunctions from 2014 to 2016 resulted in “310 deaths, 850 injuries and $871 million in property loss.” Thankfully, you can prevent some of these common causes simply by knowing what signs to look for. These signs include:
- Heat or sparks around your outlets – You shouldn’t be able to detect activity in your outlets, so touching them should feel like touching a normal wall. Therefore, feeling warmth or getting shocked when touching an outlet indicates an electrical problem.
- Buzzing noises – Just like above, you shouldn’t be able to hear outlet activity; if you do, you likely need to call one of our electricians.
- Malfunctioning power – If you have an electrical problem, you’ll notice lights flickering or appliances (such as a vacuum or dishwasher) not working properly. The appliances may not work at all, or they may alternate between working and not working.
- Circuit breaker trips – When there’s a problem, circuit breakers are meant to trip to reduce the chance of a fire. When this happens, be sure to call us as soon as possible; we’ll identify the issue and fix it for you.
- Odors – If you smell a strange odor like burning around an outlet, unplug any cables connected to it and keep the outlet vacant until our electrician examines it.
All these reasons indicate an electrical problem, and not hiring a professional to investigate can result in permanent damages.