Electrical Installation Service & Wiring
Updating Your Home's Wiring Safely & Cost-Effectively
At Mister Sparky®, we are dedicated to professionalism and excellence. That's why we provide customer guarantees that ensure unrivaled service. To back up our promise of punctuality, we offer complimentary service whenever we arrive late. That’s our “We're On Time, You'll See, Or The Repair Is Free!”™ guarantee. Our U-Win seal & guarantee offers customers a 100% satisfaction guarantee and assistance with resolutions on all services and upgrades for two full years.
When called upon, our emergency electricians will happily inspect your electrical situation and make service recommendations that align with your budget and needs. We stand by our estimates to the end. This means you can rest assured that there won’t be hidden fees or surprise costs. Finally, we're on standby and available 24/7 for emergency service. Reach out to our team today for premier electrical service at fair, affordable prices.
Call (800) 906-4577 to schedule your visit from a wiring service expert!
Wiring Services Available
Electrical wiring entails installing electrical cabling and affiliated devices, including circuit boards, switches, sockets, outlets, ceiling fans, and lighting fixtures.
As homeowners depend upon more electrical devices, it is crucial to update and maintain electrical wiring circuitry. At Mister Sparky®, we are ready to help households adapt to higher power demands, renew faulty systems, and/or ensure their current wiring meets local regulations. Our licensed electricians can safely and efficiently rewire any home.
Whole House Rewiring
Rewiring an entire home is a large and daunting project, but it has many long-lasting upsides. It will help protect your home from electrical fires and protect your appliances from electrical surges. It will also ensure your property is up to code, covered by insurance, and capable of being resold. According to expert estimates, professional rewiring can increase the real estate value of a home by thousands.
Hot Tub & Pool Rewiring
The wrong wiring on a hot tub or pool can be dangerous. Our qualified hot tub and pool electricians can handle:
- Hot tub/pool lighting & system wiring
- Controller wiring
- Pump wiring
For obvious reasons, working with wires near water is never a safe combo. Call our trained and experienced technicians to have your pool or hot tub wired safely.
Many people forget that computers are appliances that draw a significant amount of power. If your electrical system isn’t adequately equipped or safeguarded, power-hungry computers can strain and overload your circuit. By installing an upgraded circuit breaker and/or rewiring, we can prevent your electrical system from tripping and overheating. We’re also capable of setting up an ethernet jack for cable installations and routing systems if needed.
GuaranteeYou’ll get an extra level of protection and peace of mind with our UWin Guarantee.
You Can Trust
All Mister Sparky techs are trained, licensed, insured, and local.
Pricing®We’ll give you options for your service so you know exactly what you’re getting.
ServicesOur electricians are here for you, no matter the time of day…or night!
Switches & Outlet Installation
One Hour Electric™ can install electrical switches and outlets to accommodate new appliances or remodeling projects. With modern outlets and electric receptacles providing reliable power, your home will be exponentially safer. Our electricians can also install GFCI outlets, which contain test and reset buttons that serve as ground-fault circuit interrupters. According to the National Electrical Code (NFPA), GFCI outlets are mandatory in wet areas, such as bathrooms, kitchens, and outdoor spaces, to help prevent severe electric shock.
Benefits of Electrical & Wiring Installation Can Include:
Electrical problems are the third-leading cause of structure fire. Professional electrical wiring can keep your home and family safe, increase your power capacities, meet electrical code, handle power surges, and proactively avoid malfunctions.
Increased Outlet Capacity
An outlet’s capacity to safely channel electricity at high speeds and amperages is crucial. Luckily, we can increase the amperage in your electrical circuits by reducing the amount of resistance that the electrical voltage encounters. However, to increase voltage and ensure safety at the same time, we will likely need to rewire the entire circuitry.
Decorative or Stylish Lighting
We can install many types of eye-pleasing lighting options, including:
- Recessed Lighting – These fixtures sit in alcoves in the ceiling and offer a nice ambiance.
- Media Room Lighting –Create the perfect mood with dimmable strip, sconce, track, or ceiling lights.
- Art Lighting – Highlight a wall, decorative piece, or artwork with lighting options that accentuate specific focal points.
- Pendant Lighting - Hanging lights are ideal for rooms with high ceilings, kitchens, and stairways.
Outdoor Lighting or Electricity
New lighting arrangements can transform your backyard deck, patio, and landscape lighting – improving outdoor aesthetics and safety. From string lights to patio lights to pathway lights, Mister Sparky® electricians can install it all. By setting up spotlights or floodlights, we can even help deter unwanted intruders and wildlife.
Ceiling Fan Installation
Installing a ceiling fan can be hazardous, tricky, and lead to code violations if done improperly. Our team will help determine if a permit is required and what type of electric ceiling box is necessary to ensure it is properly anchored. Ceiling fans are heavy, so the electric box must be sufficiently rated to hold the fan’s weight, or a replacement will be necessary. After installing the fan correctly, we will also help synch the switch and remote controls.
Improved Entertainment System
Our technicians can build an electrical circuit that can handle the many electrical components and high amperage demands of large entertainment systems. Whenever possible, our seamless installation process will prioritize your home’s aesthetics by running wires behind your walls!
Equipping Garage for Increased Functionality
Whether you are woodcarving, working out, repairing cars, or doing laundry — the ability to see clearly is essential. Fortunately, we can add new electric outlets to make heavy-duty projects possible and install new lighting fixtures to enhance visibility.
Solar Power Upgrade
New homeowners can install solar panels to supplement existing power supplies, lower monthly utility costs, and reduce their carbon footprint. If the sometimes-steep upfront expenses are viable, converting to solar can be a wise long-term investment. Solar panels are built to last decades with minimal maintenance. If interested, we can put you in contact with reputable solar companies in your area!
Electric Car Charging Upgrade
An electric vehicle’s ability to efficiently recharge depends on the electrical supply and EV charging unit. EV chargers have three distinct levels: Level one is the slowest while level three is the fastest (but requires an industrial-grade power supply). We can help you:
- Figure out what level your electrical system can handle
- Pick a compatible charger
- Upgrade your electrical system to make it compatible with higher-level chargers
- Meet both local and national electrical codes
Sparks Fly Between Us and Our Customers
"We had a great experience with Mister Sparky's Varick Harris who diagnosed and fixed a very tricky electrical problem for us. He was smart, personable and a pleasure to do business with. Can't ..."- Bartol Stone Read More
"We called Mister Sparky and they came fast. Roberto diagnosed our entire house quickly, answered all my questions, walked me through the entire issue, and fixed everything in a timely manner. He ..."- David D. Read More
"Very Professional. Courteous. Fair. Pricing. Neatly dressed, wore foot coverings over shoes to protect flooring."- Patricia T. Read More
"Thomas was dispatched to my house in Royal Harbor to identify and repair what appeared to be a bad circuit. After arriving, he was quickly at work up in the attic, down in the family room, and in the ..."- Pud P. Read More
"I had previously written a review on 05/01/2022 but could not locate it. I had to be sure that both Jason Wallner and Jimmy Kelling were recognized for their professionalism and satisfactory services ..."- Yolanda N. Read More
"We needed a 110v outlet installed for an upcoming gas range installation.. Thanks so much, Chris & Vince, for a great job. Well done."- Mark & Fran I. Read More
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Electrician for Running Wire and Installation?
The price of professional electrical work depends on the project’s scope, hours of labor involved, materials required, accessibility of wiring, and the amount of wire needed.
Factors Involved in Wiring Installation or Rewiring a House
If your home is older and has aluminum wiring, we advise promptly rewiring your house. Our friendly technicians can inspect your current wiring situation and offer expert tips on what, if any, upgrades are needed. For a competitive price, we can install copper wires to improve electrical stability.
- Size and Age of Your House - If your home is large and more than a few decades old, rewiring can be pricey and complicated. A possible alternative to knocking down walls is pig tailing – a process where aluminum wires are connected to copper wire strands using a special connector. This can help you more affordably upgrade your electrical system to satisfy local electrical codes.
- Ease of Access to Wiring - Many electrical rewiring projects involve tearing down walls. Thankfully, our experienced electricians frequently find alternatives to removing drywall. With skill, extensive planning, and the proper tools, we will check if your attic or crawlspace provides an easier way to feed wires through the walls.
- Materials Used - Typical home electrical wiring consists of three separate wires in insulated sleeves. The black or “hot” wire carries the electrical current, the white or “neutral” wire sends unused electricity back to the breaker panel, and the bare copper wire is used to ground the electrical circuit. In addition to the wiring itself, we always arrive prepared with volt detectors, wire strippers, wire nuts, hook-up wires, conduits, electrical tape, outlets, and single-pole/double-pole light switches.
- Labor Involved - The labor largely correlates to the task size and architectural layout. When rewiring a whole system, we will always try to first access your wiring through attics, basements, crawl spaces, or floor joists. Unfortunately, some cases require making holes in the drywall to access old wires and fish through new wiring. If this course is necessary, the labor will be more involved as we will also need to tear down and patch up sections of your walls.
- Whether Walls Need to Be Opened -As just noted, our technicians may need to open walls to run wires or install new switches, outlets, and panels. You can rest assured that this will be our last option. If it is necessary, there is still a silver lining: Our electrical specialists know how to plan methodically to mitigate damage, labor, and costs.
- Individual or Various Electrical Work to Be Done - When remodeling or building an add-on, we can help identify areas that are ideal for outlets and lighting fixtures. Scheduling rewiring work while remodeling a home is a great way to take advantage of the enhanced ease of access. Similarly, if we must tear down drywall to rewire your circuit, we recommend considering all possible electrical upgrades at that time.
Can I Run My Own Electrical Wiring?
It may save money short-term, but DIY electrical work is dangerous and often illegal. It can:
- Put you at risk of injury or death by consequence of severe electrical shock
- Result in a structural fire due to faulty wiring
- Nullify your home insurance policy
We highly recommend letting a qualified electrician rewire circuits, install/replace power outlets, install/replace ceiling fans and light switches, and carry out any complex electrical projects. Electricians go through years of training for a reason – to provide low-risk electrical services.
Is DIY Electrical Work Illegal?
The legality of DIY electrical work varies between states and municipalities. Many jurisdictions allow owner-occupants to perform basic electrical work, so long as this work is not performed commercially. Nevertheless, it is universally recommended to check with local ordinances before starting any electrical project and to hire a professional electrician if you intend to sell your home. DIY electrical projects may be legal, but they can also jeopardize your home and void relevant fire insurance coverage. More importantly, DIY electric work is extremely dangerous as even a simple 110-volt outlet can cause severe injuries and death.
Why Hire a Highly Trained Electrician to Provide Electrical Installation & Wiring Services?
DIY electrical work may seem okay at first, but faulty wiring can cause a fire or electrical problem months or even years down the line. Out-of-code electrical work will also cause problems during home inspections if you ever decide to move or sell your house. Our electricians are versed in all local codes and regulations and will ensure everything meets industry standards.
Prevent Electrical Circuit Overload by Hiring a Top-Notch Electrician
One revealing sign of faulty wiring is recurring electrical overload. This will cause frequent power outages that increase the odds of electrical fires and dangerous surges. Many older circuit breakers are not designed to handle the dozens of devices simultaneously connected to one power source. These outdated circuit breakers leave electronics, computers, and appliances vulnerable to power surges that can cause severe damage. Even a minor power interruption can cause data loss and technological setbacks. The good news is that by calling our team, you can easily avoid these issues.
How Long Does It Take for Electrical & Wiring Installation or Repair?
How long it takes for an electrician to complete a rewiring task varies depending on the specific property’s size, electrical layout, and countless other situational dynamics. The process can take anywhere from a few days to replace outlets to a few weeks if an entire home needs to be rewired. By choosing our expert electrical technicians, you will receive communicative, proactive, and fast-moving services. We always go above and beyond to streamline the process.
Contact America's On-Time Electrician for Your Electrical Installation & Wiring Needs Today!
At Mister Sparky®, we value the convenience and utility of seamless electricity. We also respect electricity’s inherent dangers and work to protect your property and family from associated hazards. Our licensed electricians are excellent troubleshooters – investigating electrical issues and providing durable solutions is our specialty!
We’re available 24/7! Give us a call at (800) 906-4577 or request our services online!