There are several pros to being energy efficient: saving money, saving power, and saving the earth! Mister Sparky has compiled a list of six different things you can do to reduce energy costs in your home, while also being green:
1. Unplug Electronic Devices
If you have small electronic devices plugged in all of the time, like small kitchen appliances, computers, power strips, and non-digital electronics, you are taking up energy that doesn’t need to be used. This could be negatively influencing your electric bill.
2. Turn Off the LightsOpening up your shades and only utilizing sunlight during the daytime is an awesome way to be energy efficient! If you transition to only using lights at night time, you will see a significant decrease in the cost of your electric bill.
3. Use Smart Home Technology and Apps to Regulate Your Energy Use
There are so many different applications available to control your energy usage. Call a Mister Sparky team member today and we can help find one for you that’s the best fit!
4. Switch to LED Bulbs
Switching to LED light bulbs alone will decrease your electricity usage from 25-80%! Not only is this better for the environment, but will also save you money on your electric bill in the long run.
5. Use Energy Efficient and Energy Saver Appliances
There are several energy efficient appliances you can find in stores, including AC units, dryers, and dishwashers.
6. Clean Your Appliances so They Run Efficiently
Cleaning your appliances is the easiest way to save money. Take out approximately 30 minutes of your week to dedicate to cleaning your oven, sink,
etc, and you will find that their life will live on much longer. By following these simple tips, your household can save up to 25% on utility bills. Using
less energy also means less greenhouse gas emissions, which leads to a healthier planet. Save green by going green!
For questions and ways to save on energy, call Mister Sparky at 888-8-SPARKY.