Code Compliance / GFCI Services in San Antonio
At Mister Sparky® we strictly adhere to, and comply with, the local and national electrical codes as dictated by the National Electrical Code (NEC), which is published by the U.S. National Fire Protection Association (NFPA 70). The NEC is a United States standard for the safe installation of electrical wiring and equipment. While the NEC is not itself a U.S. law, the use of NEC is commonly mandated by state or local law, as well as in many jurisdictions outside of the United States. The NEC codifies the requirements for safe electrical installations into a single, standardized source.
Some electric code violation guidelines of interest include:
- You can only install GFCI (ground fault current interrupter) receptacles in bathrooms.
- There must be a receptacle within 3 feet of the outside edge of sink basin.
- No receptacles face-up on countertops.
- Because some receptacles power high-wattage devices like hair dryers, there must be at least one separate 20 amp. branch circuit.
- There should be wall receptacles every 12 feet.
- Receptacles should be on any wall space that is more than 24 inches wide.
- Hallways more than 10 feet in length must have at least one receptacle.
- All countertops receptacles must be GFCI.
- There can be no receptacles more than 20 inches above countertops. (Exceptions are for the physically handicapped and for islands or peninsulas where this is not possible).
- There should be receptacles above all countertops that are 12 inches or wider.
- No face-up receptacles.
- At least one receptacle should be located on islands or peninsulas.
GuaranteeYou’ll get an extra level of protection and peace of mind with our UWin Guarantee.
You Can Trust
All Mister Sparky techs are trained, licensed, insured, and local.
Pricing®We’ll give you options for your service so you know exactly what you’re getting.
ServicesOur electricians are here for you, no matter the time of day…or night!
"We had a great experience with Mister Sparky's Varick Harris who diagnosed and fixed a very tricky electrical problem for us. He was smart, personable and a pleasure to do business with. Can't ..."- Bartol Stone Read More
"We called Mister Sparky and they came fast. Roberto diagnosed our entire house quickly, answered all my questions, walked me through the entire issue, and fixed everything in a timely manner. He ..."- David D. Read More
"Very Professional. Courteous. Fair. Pricing. Neatly dressed, wore foot coverings over shoes to protect flooring."- Patricia T. Read More
"Thomas was dispatched to my house in Royal Harbor to identify and repair what appeared to be a bad circuit. After arriving, he was quickly at work up in the attic, down in the family room, and in the ..."- Pud P. Read More
"I had previously written a review on 05/01/2022 but could not locate it. I had to be sure that both Jason Wallner and Jimmy Kelling were recognized for their professionalism and satisfactory services ..."- Yolanda N. Read More
"We needed a 110v outlet installed for an upcoming gas range installation.. Thanks so much, Chris & Vince, for a great job. Well done."- Mark & Fran I. Read More