We’ve discussed the types of different smoke detectors and how they work in one of our past blogs, now it’s time to learn how to care for and clean your smoke detector.
Maintaining your smoke detector is important for it to function properly and keep your home or office safe in the event of a fire. Here are six easy steps to clean your smoke detector:
- Remove your smoke detector from your wall or ceiling
- Take out the batteries and use a microfiber rag to dust them off
- Replace the old batteries with new ones
- Vaccum any dust particles
- Use cleaning product and a rag to remove any residue from the smoke detector
- Replace your smoke detector
For all your electrical needs or help replacing or maintaining your electrical appliances, call Mister Sparky® of San Antonio today at (210) 899-2430!