Electricity is everywhere. How much do you know about the invisible energy that lights up the world? Check out Mister Sparky® of Northwest Arkansas’s trivia questions to find out!(answers below)
Question #1: Which American company consumes the highest percentage of the world’s energy?
- General Motors
Question #2: Halogen lamps should always be kept away from?
- Combustible materials
- All of the above
Question #3: Which state consumes the most amount of electricity per household?
- New York
Question #4: Approximately what percentage of a light bulb’s energy is consumed by generating heat?
Question #5: Which home appliance consumes the most electricity?
- Water heater
- Personal Computers
Question #6: Approximately how much money is lost in the U.S. due to Inefficient appliances, drafty windows and doors, poor insulation, and other fixable energy wasters?
- $300 Million
- $3 Billion
- $30 Billion
- $300 Billion
Question #7: How much voltage is needed to injure a person?
- 120 volts or more
- 240 volts or more
- 300 volts or more
- Any voltage
Question #8: What’s the most cost-effective source of renewable energy for use at home?
- (Google uses enough energy to continuously power 200’000 homes)
- (All of the above—Halogen floor lamps operate at much higher temperatures than a standard incandescent light bulb. Never place a halogen floor lamp where it could come in contact with draperies, clothing or other combustible materials)
- D (The average Louisiana resident consumes 15,270 kilowatt hours per year)
- D (Incandescent lightbulbs create light by heating a filament inside the bulb and therefore generate a lot of heat. Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs), on the other hand, use about 80% less electricity than conventional bulbs and last up to 12 times as long)
- B (Refrigerators in the U.S. consume about the same energy as 25 large power plants produce each year)
- (This is more than the annual budget for the U.S. military)
- D (Any voltage from any source can cause serious injury to your or family. Call Mister Sparky® of Northwest Arkansas today to schedule your five-point safety inspection)
- (Solar power is the most inexpensive source of renewable energy for most homeowners and renters. Residential solar panel installation costs have dropped in recent years).
How did you do? Electricity is a strong source of power and should always be operated safely. If you need electrical work done in your home, call the experts at Mister Sparky® of Northwest Arkansas! We are ready to help and give you and your family peace of mind.
Mister Sparky® of Northwest Arkansas, America’s On-Time Electrician in Bella Vista, Bentonville, Rogers, Springdale and Fayetteville services the Northwest Arkansas area with a team of licensed electricians. In addition to flickering lights, some of the electrician services provided by the company include electrical outlet/switch repair, ceiling fan installation, lighting installation, electrical wiring repair, landscape lighting installation and home electrical inspections.