Whole-home generators do exactly as the name implies—it powers your entire home. Home generators are a must-have for keeping critical appliances like air conditioning running during prolonged periods of power outages. Before we get started on why you should install a house generator, let’s explain what they are first.
What are Whole House Generators?
House generators are systems that provide power to your home or business during a power outage. They often look like air conditioning units and they’re located outside. Generators run on propane or natural gas, so there’s no need for refueling.
In contrast to portable generator units, after installation by a certified electrician is complete, you’ll never have to reconnect. They’re always on standby.
Here are some reasons why you should consider a whole-home generator:
- Emergencies—This is particularly important for people who need electricity for medical devices such as oxygen,
- Security—While you might have a nice security system that includes cameras and lights but when the power goes out, so does your security system. It’s important to keep the electricity on to ensure safety and security.
- Comfort—No one wants to be caught off guard without air conditioning on a hot day. Likewise, it’s important to keep the heat on during the middle of winter. When power outages occur, every minute spent without an HVAC system running, you are losing comfort in your home. Likewise, your water heater will not work which means you’ll be dealing with cold showers!
- Appliances—Have you ever been in a situation with a prolonged power outage that ruined all of your food in your fridge? With a whole house generator, that is a thing of the past. Oftentimes, power outages occur during severe weather. Let’s say it’s pouring down rain and you don’t have power to your house. That means your sump pump won’t work without the help of a generator. Keep your critical appliances up and running without any performance gaps.
- Businesses—Generators are not just for homes, they’re critical for businesses as well. Generators ensure that business owners keep their systems up and running and that critical servers are online and connected. That way, you won’t have to worry about downtime or loss of business due to a power outage.
- Resale Value—For just a small investment now, generators will give you a boost in resale value when it’s time to sell your home. It gives potential buyers an added incentive to purchase your home due to the benefits of a house generator.
- Independence—When a power outage occurs, you know you can rely on your generator to keep your house up and running. Rather than waiting for the power to be restored, you can enjoy the benefits of power independence in times of blackouts. House generators give you peace of mind.
Generator Installation in Pleasantville
Mister Sparky is the trusted name when it comes to home generator installation and repair. We offer services in Pleasantville, Egg Harbor Township, and beyond. We provide generator installation services to ensure electricity is delivered safely into your home. We can also help guide you with buying options that fit your budget and needs.
For prompt generator services contact our local office to set up a service call. Our team of certified electricians is ready to assist you—no matter the time of day. Call us today at (609) 316-4787.