Permits are required for the majority of new, remodel and maintenance-related electrical work or repairs. A permit protects your safety by ensuring the work is done correctly and conforms to all required codes and standards. After the work is completed, an inspection is conducted by the city.
Skipping permits compromises your safety and can result in hefty fines from your city. Work without a permit impacts your insurance coverage, as well. If there’s an incident resulting from the electrical work, your insurance company can decline the claim if there was no permit.
You’ll need a permit for most residential electrical work, including:
- Installing, changing or repairing permanent wiring
- Running additional wiring
- Putting in an electrical outlet
- Installing or altering a low-voltage system
- Installing a wired security alarm
- Installing a garage door opener
We specialize in all your electrical needs. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you have about permits and requirements.