Electrical fires are a real hazard and something you should be prepared to address. We have put together a list of some of the reasons why electrical fires start in the home:
- Old Electronics – It does not matter how dependable you think an appliance may be, it will eventually wear out. Be mindful of older stove ranges and space heaters, as these appliances typically become a fire hazard. You should also be aware of the manufacturer’s recommended years of usage.
- Tripped Circuits – Overloaded circuits are a big problem and many people do not pay attention to the warning signs that come with this problem. When you have circuits that frequently trip, you should contact your local electricians to have them inspect your current system. Taking care of this now can prevent fires in the future.
- Overloaded Extension Cords – When you use too many extension cords around the house, you are setting yourself up for fire. Extension cords should only be used when necessary and never as a permanent solution. If you do not have enough outlets in your home, an electrician can install new outlets.
You can count on the team at Mister Sparky to help you when you need an electrician in Orange Park, FL, as well as Jacksonville and Ponte Vedra. We provide a variety of services, including wiring, ceiling fan installations, and lighting assistance.