Birmingham Electrical Services
Emergency Electrical Repair, Installation & Replacement in Birmingham, Al
For all your electrical needs, look no further than Mister Sparky® of Birmingham. From new installations to routine maintenance, our company is dedicated to keeping safe and efficient power throughout your property. As your dependable electrical contractors in Birmingham, AL, we make a point to deliver effective results that keep up with your daily life. We offer skilled electrical services in Birmingham and the surrounding areas, including Hoover, Vestavia Hills, Alabaster, and Pelham.
Get the reliable and effective electrical service you need from our electrical contractors in Birmingham! Get started today by calling (205) 590-5289 to schedule service!
We Offer Extensive Electrical Services in Birmingham & Beyond
With each service, you are guaranteed to work with a very qualified electrician. We provide the following electrical services near you that include but aren't limited to:
- Electrical Repair– We provide safe and effective solutions for anything that goes wrong with your electrical system.
- Electrical Safety & Maintenance– At Mister Sparky, we strictly adhere to, and comply with, all local and national electrical codes as dictated by the National Electrical Code (NEC). We can keep you safe with code updates, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, surge protection and more.
- Fan Installation – Fans serve a variety of beneficial purposes. We can install exhaust and overhead fans.
- Electrical Panel Upgrades – Electrical panels are at the heart of any electrical system, and this means that you need to ensure your home or business has the latest in breaker panel technology to avoid system malfunctions.
- Outlets and Switches– We can install new outlets and switches as well as upgrade your existing ones.
- Electrical Grounding – Stay safe with proper grounding, which significantly reduces the risk of electrocution.
- Generators– If the power goes out, do you have a backup plan? If not, contact Mister Sparky to learn about our generators. We have solutions to fit any home, and we can have your generator installed quickly.
- Lighting– With both indoor and outdoor options, we can add beauty and value to your home. We can create a lighting system for all types of homes and preferences.
Have an Electrical Emergency?
Call us immediately at (205) 590-5289 if your safety is in danger or you have an urgent need for an emergency electrician.
Know Your Property with an Electrical Inspection
Are you remodeling or moving into a new property? If so, an electrical inspection should be on your to-do list. An inspection ensures that the wiring, outlets, switches, and electrical fixtures throughout your property are compliant with your local building and safety codes. Our meticulous inspectors can travel directly to your location and deliver a thorough assessment. In the event of any discrepancies, we are also available to resolve your specific issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
When do I need an electrician?
You need an electrician for ANY electrical work you may need in your home or business. This wiring a new build, lighting installation, ceiling fan installation, electrical repair, or electrical panel work. If you aren't sure if the work you need done requires an electrician, just ask us by calling (205) 590-5289!
Can I DIY electrical repairs?
Because of the risks that come with electrical work, we recommend that home and business owners leave the job to professional electricians. Not only are you at risk of injury from electrical shock, there's also the risk of damaging walls or ceilings when cutting through to perform electrical work. Our Birmingham electricians are trained to perform electrical work with minimal damage.
What are the most common electrical problems?
Just a few of the most common electrical issues most homeowners may experience include:
- Electrical Surges - Electrical surges can happen either due to poor wiring, lighting strikes, damaged power lines or faulty appliances. Surges are common and happen quickly, but if it happens often, this can lead to damage of electrical equipment.
- Overloading - Overloading happens when equipment wattage is too high for fixture. This is especially risky for light bulbs which can overheat in the wrong fixture and lead to a fire.
- Flickering Lights - When your lights flicker, especially on a windy day, this could be indicative of damaged wiring, which could lead to a fire.
- Too Few Outlets - Older buildings tend to have less outlets which leads to the use of extension cords, which have their own risks. Not only are they a tripping hazard, but the overuse of extension cords can lead to overheating and fires. It is best to contact an electrician to have more outlets installed if you need them.
We respond quickly to your needs with dependable, respectful service. Call for electrical services in Birmingham today at (205) 590-5289.
Our Service Areas
We also serve the following areas near Birmingham:
- Mountain Brook
- Vestavia Hills
GuaranteeYou’ll get an extra level of protection and peace of mind with our UWin Guarantee.
You Can Trust
All Mister Sparky techs are trained, licensed, insured, and local.
Pricing®We’ll give you options for your service so you know exactly what you’re getting.
ServicesOur electricians are here for you, no matter the time of day…or night!