Repair and Install Outlets and Switches in Atlanta
Outlets and switches are an important part of every room in the house. That’s why it’s so frustrating when they
don’t work properly. Whether you need to completely replace a malfunctioning switch or repair a broken outlet,
Mister Sparky Electric of Atlanta can help. We’ve got your outlet and switch needs covered, so you don’t have to
worry about the details.
For electrical outlet installation Atlanta homeowners can count on, call us at (770) 824-9592.
Repair Services and Switch & Outlet Installation in Atlanta
Broken outlets and switches can be more than just an annoyance. Depending on what’s wrong, they can also be
dangerous. Malfunctioning outlets can damage anything plugged into them with power surges. If your outlets or
switches are broken or improperly installed, they also run the risk of shocking you or even starting a fire.
- Outlet repair. We can perform repairs on malfunctioning outlets, including rewiring and replacing a cracked or damaged outlet cover.
- Outlet installation. If an outlet is too damaged to be safe, we will recommend a replacement. We can replace a broken outlet or add an electrical outlet to your Atlanta home.
- We install standard grounded outlets and GCFI outlets, which are required in rooms with running water and areas at risk of flooding
- Electrical switch installation. When a switch is broken, we’ll replace it to make sure everything is hooked up properly and connects to the correct fixture.
- Outlet upgrades. USB cables are becoming more and more common. We cut out that charging brick to let you plug your USB cable directly into the wall. We install USB outlets or combination outlets with standard plugs and USB ports.
Outlets and switches are an important part of your home electrical system, which is why we recommend always
having a professional handle repair and installation. Improper installation means that outlets and switches may
not work or may be dangerous to use.
Signs Your Outlets or Switches Need to Be Repaired or Replaced
We’ll come when you call to install switches and install or repair electrical outlets in Atlanta and Marietta. But
how do you know a switch or outlet is broken? Here are some signs that your outlets or switches need to be
repaired or replaced:
- Devices don’t work when plugged into an outlet.
- Fixtures don’t work when their corresponding switch is flipped on.
- Lights flicker or come on at a delay after flipping their switch.
- Cover plates are warm to the touch.
- Sparking when you turn on a switch or plug something into an outlet.
- Scorching, blackening, or melting on the cover plate or surrounding wall.
- Your GFCI outlet trips constantly.
- You hear unusual buzzing or clicking from your outlets or switches.
- Plugs fall out of the outlet.
- A multimeter reading shows the outlet has reversed polarity.
- Your outlets are the outdated two-prong design.
Professional Atlanta Electrical Outlet Repair Near Me
When you need help with your day-to-day electrical repairs, trust the local professionals. Our expert technicians
offer fast, expert outlet repair and outlet or electrical switch installation in Atlanta. Call us at (770) 824-9592 or book online to get started.
Atlanta Outlet and Switch Services FAQs
Why would an electrical outlet stop working?
There are several reasons that your outlet may stop working, including:
- Age and frequency of use
- Amateur installation
- Wiring degradation
- Physical damage to the outlet
- Power surge
- Device overload
How much does it cost to repair an outlet?
The cost of a job will always depend on the details. The location of the outlet and the repairs needed will affect
the price. We’ll provide you with a quote before we start work and promise transparent pricing with no hidden
Do electrical switches go bad?
Yes, switches can wear out from overuse, especially in high-traffic rooms. You may notice the toggle coming
loose or a light taking time to come on after you flip the switch. Light switches don’t have a set lifespan. The
make and materials of the switch and the frequency of use contribute to how long your switches last.
- Your outlets and switches will never work properly if the wiring behind them is bad. We can rewire your whole home to replace outdated wiring.
- When you update your switches, update the lights they control too! We install all kinds of indoor lighting.
- If multiple outlets and switches in an area aren’t working, you may need electrical panel repair instead.
Resources You May Enjoy
GuaranteeYou’ll get an extra level of protection and peace of mind with our UWin Guarantee.
You Can Trust
All Mister Sparky techs are trained, licensed, insured, and local.
Pricing®We’ll give you options for your service so you know exactly what you’re getting.
ServicesOur electricians are here for you, no matter the time of day…or night!
"Cassidy was right on time, excellent service. Great job, work was perfect, well done."- John F. Read More
"Mr. Thomas Mills assessed a part outage at my house on 10/08/21. He dealt with the problem expertly and was extremely helpful and pleasant. He is a great asset to your company."- Caroline W. Read More
"Mike went above & beyond to complete all the repairs needed in one trip. Knowledgeable & thorough in solving issues that needed to be fixed. Highly recommend!!"- Pam Read More
"Garry Lamb, James Bailey and team did a great job explaining what I needed to get me to code, especially with replacing an original panelboard that had a history of causing serious damage. Work was ..."- Maria E. Read More
"Marcus performed an inspection and found the problem, which was nowhere near where I thought it would be. Turns out it was simply a loose outlet that was feeding the outlets in another room. Simple, ..."- Michael E. Read More
"Henry Stensvold did a terrific job. He is personable and very knowledgeable we would certainly use him again."- Stan Walker Read More