Portable Generators in Southwest or Southeast FL
A Quick Solution When Florida’s Power Fails
A portable generator is a very affordable alternative to a whole-home generator. And it’s also, well, portable. You can easily move it in and out of storage, and it’s a neat thing to have on a camping trip so that you can have the convenience of modern appliances.
Choosing Portable Generators
Portable generators have come a long way. They are more reliable, run for longer and are safer than ever. They boast a few new features, so it is important to keep an eye out for what you can really get out of a generator. Here are factors to consider:
- Run Time – Run time usually varies from around 7 to 14 hours on a full tank. It is recommended to have a rest of at least a couple hours if you have to refill and run it for longer. Be mindful of oil, which it will consume relatively quickly.
- Safety – Should you forget oil or something becomes unsafe in the wiring or engine, there should be features that automatically shut the generator off.
- Ignition – Many generators have the convenience of pressing a button to start the generator, but this requires a battery. Should the battery die, there should also be a backup pull ignition.
- Fuel Gauge – It is important to have a very clear indication of when the gas is getting low.
- Warranty – Any electric company worth it’s salt should offer warranties on generators. Nothing can predict certain manufacturer errors.
Now that you know a few things to look out for in a generator, there is one more important thing related to warranty.
A portable generator that is off-brand or from an unreliable retailer will never be a good buy. There might be no warranty and your generator will be unreliable, leaving you several bucks short and in the dark.
Call Mister Sparky For You Portable Generator
Our electricians are more than happy to guide you through your portable generator purchase for the safety and comfort of your household. You never know when your family will depend on one. Get ahold of us at (941) 202-5688.