It’s that time of year to start packing up the Christmas decorations. But how do you keep your lights from getting tangled in storage? Here are several tips on how to store those lights:
- Get a large, flat piece of cardboard.
- Cut a notch in the side of the cardboard (it doesn’t matter which side) to fit the plug into.
- Put the plug in the notch, and wrap the lights neatly around the rectangle.
- When you reach the end of the lights, cut another notch in the cardboard, and tuck the end of the string into it.
Wrapping paper tube
- Get a wrapping paper tube.
- Pull one end of the lights through the tube.
- Wind the lights neatly around the tube.
- Pull the other end of the lights through the tube to keep the lights secure.
Chord reel: these work best for very long lengths of lights.Purchase a chord reel from your local hardware store.
- Connect the strands of lights into one long rope.
- Hook one end onto the hook on the reel.
- Roll up your lights.