The weather is warming up, the flowers are beginning to bloom, and the birds are starting to sing, all because it’s finally time for Spring. Electricity is not always the first thing we think of when it comes to Spring Cleaning time, but as you continue to freshen up your home, it might be a good idea to also check on these things:
● Loose Cords: Since this time of year is all about organization, consider condensing the amount of cords you have running loose around your home. You can do this by purchasing a cord organizer, using binder clips to hold up chargers, or wrapping velcro around the bulkier cords you need as described in our last spring cleaning article.
● Fans: Make sure your fans are properly cleaned, and working well. When your home is properly ventilated it can help you keep your cooling costs down during those long summer days, and help you stay comfortable all year long.
○ Indoor: If you have any lightbulbs that need to be replaced, now is an excellent time to get that done. You can also look into purchasing eco-friendly light fixtures with smart or recessed lighting options as well.
○ Outdoor: Springtime means barbecues and evening lounges outside. So now is a great time to consider installing outdoor outlets if you don’t already have some, or setting up lights outside for security or entertaining purposes.
● Debris Buildup: Overtime appliances accumulate all kinds of debris buildup that can lead to fires if not properly cleaned. So, you may want to check over areas like your stove’s exhaust hood just to be safe.
● Detectors: Last but most certainly not least, test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are in good working condition. You never know when you might need them.
Spring cleaning is a great time to just check on the areas of your home that you may not normally get to address. And as always if you need any additional help hiding your wires, installing fans, lighting fixtures, or detectors, reach out to us at (210) 899-2430.