Are you experiencing dead outlets in your house?
A dead outlet is simply a socket that has stopped functioning. This can occur for a multitude of reasons. In this article, we will look at why this happens and what you can do about it.
- Tripped circuit breaker
- Tripped ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet
- Blown fuse
- Loose electrical connection
- Burnout and/or old age
- If you have GFCI outlets, push the "RESET" button to reset the outlet
- Check the main circuit breaker panel, look for tripped switches and reset switches by turning off and then back on
- Test to see if other surrounding outlets are also dead or if it is just one
- Call a Mister Sparky electrical expert at (210) 899-2430
In conclusion, a simple blown fuse or tripped circuit may be causing your issues. However, in other cases with problems like loose electrical connections or burnout/ old age, the outlet itself will need to be replaced. In this case, it is safest to employ the expertise of a professional. We have your back and are always happy to help.
To have your outlets tested or to replace your outlets today, visit our Request A Service page to set up your appointment.
*Information for this article was gathered from Family Handyman.