As a homeowner, you’re on the hook for any and all repairs. It’s up to you to decide whom to hire for electrical work, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, and so on. It’s important to take the time and do your research before you hire just anyone to do electrical work in your home.
So before you hire an electrician, ask yourself these five questions.
- Are You Licensed? First and foremost, you should always make sure the electrician is licensed. Electrical work is so vital to your health and safety that you cannot leave this one up to chance. If you’re unsure, ask to see a copy of their license. If they don’t want to show you, move on.
- Are You Insured? If the electrician is licensed, they should also be insured. This is your safeguard to protect you and them from liability against faulty repairs and any mishaps that could occur on the job. A non-insured and unlicensed electrician is a recipe for disaster.
- Do You Have References? So let’s say they’re licensed and insured. Great. But do they have any references or any positive reviews? Don’t just take their word, ask them upfront before they perform any work to hear what customers have to say.
- Do You Have An Estimate? You should never worry about how much any electrical repair job should cost. An honest electrician will tell you all associated costs upfront. They’ll also tell you exactly what’s included in their services.
- Do You Need Permits? Not all electrical work requires permits but there are often times where one is required. And if you’re not up to date on your electrical ordinances, chances are you are unaware of what is needed to perform legal repairs. Ask them if they require permits and if they’ve successfully obtained them before they do any work in your home.
Local Electrician in Pleasantville
Mister Sparky is your local, experienced, and professional electrician in Atlantic County, NJ. We adhere to a strict set of values and we ensure that we’ll leave your home safer than we found it. Our team of expert technicians is fully licensed, insured, and ready to handle any job, no matter what time of day. Contact the electricians at Mister Sparky for prompt electrical services and repair.