If you have an older house in Myrtle Beach, you very likely have old and outdated outlets. These can be severely problematic and can voltage issues. They can cause electric sparks which can turn into electrical fires that can only be handled by licensed electrical contractors in Myrtle Beach.
Older or faulty outlets should be updated and replaced ideally but if you cannot do so immediately, you should refrain from using the faulty outlets or do not use high voltage-consuming appliances on these outlets.
Another problematic electrical decision by homeowners in Myrtle Beach concerns appliances. If you have old appliances that have faulty or worn out parts, you can run the risk of an electrical fire at some point in your house.
You should make sure to keep the grounding plug of a cord and use the proper outlets with the right amount of prongs for the designated appliance; otherwise your outlets might not be able to handle the load of electricity being drawn. To determine which outlet is appropriate, you can consult with an electrical contractor in Myrtle Beach.
Appliances that have problems in their cords, wires, receptacles and switches can cause electrical fires at any moment if there is a voltage surge. Appliance misuse can also cause fires if you have inappropriately positioned cords and wiring.
It is very important to remember to not place frayed cords near curtains or rugs because the excess heat within them can cause an electrical fire. If you place a cord under a rug, for instance, you might run the risk of a spark.
If you notice there is an electrical fire in your house, you should immediately contact an electrical contractor in Myrtle Beach, SC for emergency services.
Problems with Light Fixtures
A lot of the times, electrical fires are caused because a house has faulty or excessive light fixtures. Light fixtures can include lamps and even wall sconces. If you have inappropriate light fixtures for the outlet needed, you might end up installing too many light fixtures for a single power connection.
You could even be plugging in too many cords into an outlet and even using light bulbs with higher wattage than your power system can handle. You should install light bulbs that are the appropriate wattage for their designated power outlets.
If this does not happen, you will probably get an electrical fire. To prevent electrical fires, you should get a consultation with electrical contractors in Myrtle Beach, SC who will be able to advise you about the maximum or recommended number of light fixtures to install.
Additionally, you should have electrical contractors in Myrtle Beach, SC check if you have the bulbs of the right wattage in your lamps and wall sconces.
However, too many light fixtures are not the only cause of an electrical fire. An electrical fire can occur because of inappropriately placed materials near light fixtures as well.
If you put paper, tissue or cloth materials on a lamp, for instance, you run the risk of the heat from the bulb igniting a flame. Dangerous and destructive electrical fires have been started as a consequence of this practice across America even in Myrtle Beach.
Overuse of Extension Cords
If you use too many extension cords to plug in and power your light fixtures and appliances, you could have an electrical fire. All appliances should be plugged securely and directly into outlets as a safety measure and extension cords should only be used for temporary use.
You should also be careful to not overload a single outlet with too many extension cords. If you need to plug in more electrical appliances, you should contact electrical contractors in Myrtle Beach, SC to install more outlets.
Problems with Space Heaters
You should always be careful with space heaters since they can cause electrical fires if they are placed next to combustible items or surfaces.
You should keep your space heaters at a distance from beds, sofas and rugs especially if you have coil space heaters.
If you have an old house in Myrtle Beach, you might also have old and outdated wiring. This can be a problem.
Outdated wiring can cause electrical capacity issues especially with the load of all the new electrical appliances today, like computers and air conditioners. If your wiring is over twenty years old, you ought to update it.
Issues with Breakers
Another cause of electrical fires is a faulty breaker. Breakers are equipment that let you know when your circuits are overloaded with excessive electric current, which is actually too much for them to handle.
If you have faulty breaker boxes or worn out connectors, the electrical circuits will get overloaded and you wouldn’t even know it. This is a very dangerous situation and is almost always an electrical fire hazard.
If you are having electrical problems in your store or place of business, do not hesitate to contact Mister Sparky electrical contractors in Myrtle Beach, SC. Our electrician services are now available everywhere in Myrtle Beach, SC.
If you need any light bulb fixed or light fixture unscrewed, we are right here to help you out. If you need an electrical contractor in Myrtle Beach, SC, we’re only a call away.
Our electrical contractors in Myrtle Beach, SC are completely trained and open to any questions and consultations. And if you need an emergency electrical contractor in Myrtle Beach, SC service or consultation, don’t hesitate to reach out!
It’s best to not ignore emergency situations like short circuits, a lot of burnt out light bulbs or even melting wires. These can be fire and safety hazards and affect the health and physical safety of you and your clients and workers.
Call us over for any electrical contractor services in Myrtle Beach, SC you require at this number: Mister Sparky® of Myrtle Beach.