We're Open & Here For You! Important Coronavirus Information - Click Here to Learn More

7 Signs That You Need to Call for Electrical Repair

A properly performing electrical system is essential in keeping the light on in your Myrtle Beach, SC home. It is also necessary for you to watch TV, cook dinner, wash your clothes, wash your dishes, and for most other everyday tasks. When your electrical system is functioning correctly, it reduces the rain of fire and electrocution. It is essential to be able to recognize the signs that there is something wrong with your electrical system to prevent the worst from happening.

There are many jobs that make great DIY projects, such as painting the house, staining a fence, and if you are handy, replacing a carpet. One job that should never be a DIY project is electrical work. The electrical system in your home is very complex. If you make one mistake, you can get electrocuted, or you can cause an electrical fire. If you notice any of the signs that there is something wrong with your electrical system, you should leave it to a licensed professional in electrical repair.

Tripping Circuits Frequently

It isn’t uncommon for a fuse to trip once in a while; however, if the circuits in your Myrtle Beach, SC home are frequently tripping, you should call someone who specializes in electrical repair. The problem could lie within your electrical panel. It could be outdated, and it may not be powerful enough to handle your electricity needs. Older electrical panels were not designed to handle modern appliances. If you have too many appliances hooked up to one circuity, it can be dangerous. The problem could also indicate an exposed wire. Since each of these issues are hazardous, you should call an electrician as soon as possible.

Flickering or Dimming Lights

If you turn on a light in your Myrtle Beach, SC home, and it flickers or is dim, there could be an issue with the installation. There could also be a wiring issue leading to the light. If it isn’t just one light that is dimming or flickering, your problem is likely in your electrical panel. If you are running too many appliances on one circuit, it can cause an overload. This will cause all of the lights on that circuit to flicker. A professional in electrical repair will be able to find the cause of the problem and repair it before something serious occurs.

Buzzing Noises

Buzzing noises coming from the outlets or electrical devices in your Myrtle Beach, SC home is a serious warning sign. It could indicate that there is a loose wire in your circuit box, which would need to be tightened up to prevent sparks in the box. If the buzzing is coming from your outlets, the cover plates can heat up. This is an issue that should only be repaired by a professional electrical repair service. Just because you can easily remove the cover plate, it doesn’t mean that this is a job that you can handle. This issue can cause a severe burn if you don’t know what you are doing.

Loose Power Outlets

When you unplug something from an outlet, the outlet should never shift. If it does, there is a good chance that there is a loose connection. In cases like this, you should have the issue addressed by a professional repair service as soon as possible. Ignoring the problem can cause an electric shock the next time you try to unplug the appliance. The techs who work for electrical repair services have the knowledge and experience to repair the problem safely and effectively.

Burning Smell

If you smell burned plastic in your home, there is a good chance that too much heat is being produced in the wiring. This is considered an emergency situation and should be addressed by an electrical repair service immediately. Allowing the problem to continue puts your home at considerable risk for a fire.

If the smell is coming from the electrical panel, and if you notice burned or scorch marks in the panel, it is a very serious problem. Chances are your electrical panel is faulty, or it is overloaded. This is not something to be taken lightly. If the electrical panel starts to spark, it can quickly start a fire. A licensed electrician can check out the box, and replace it if necessary.

Sparks

You should never see sparks when plugging in an appliance or unplugging one. If you see sparks, you should call a professional in electrical repair. This is considered an emergency situation. The sparks could be due to exposed wires, which is very dangerous and can result in electrocution. It can also cause the outlets to heat up to the point where they melt, which will soon cause a fire. The sooner you call for electrical service, the better.

Getting Shocked When Unplugging an Appliance

If you get shocked when unplugging an appliance, you should call for electrical repair right away. Until an electrician can get to you home, you should avoid that outlet and the appliance altogether. If you experienced pain or odd symptoms after the shock, you should seek medical attention. When you call for electrical service, be sure to let them know that it is an emergency situation. There is something seriously wrong if you are getting shocked.

When it comes to the electrical system in your Myrtle Beach, SC home, you don’t want to take any chances. If you suspect that there is something wrong, you should call a professional in electrical services. Waiting to make that call can result in severe electrocution or a house fire. As soon as you are experiencing issues, you should call Mister Sparky® of Myrtle Beach. We can get an electrical repair tech to your home to determine the cause of the problem. The sooner you have the issue diagnosed and repaired, the safer you will be.