Mister Sparky Franchise Ownership
Mister Sparky owners fall into two groups: owners who started their businesses within our franchise network, and owners who brought their self-built independent businesses into our franchise network. Both paths have yielded incredible success for our owners, including owners who bought a Mister Sparky in order to add a new, profitable service line to their home service company.
Total initial investment if you convert a pre-existing electrical business to a franchise is $35,556 to $200,261. The total initial investment necessary if you start the business from scratch is $125,868 to $293,923.
- $33,000 for a start-up franchise with a territory of up to 200,000 population.
- $9,900 to $29,700 if converting an existing business, depending on territory size and revenue.
In some cases, we may provide financing up to 75% of the Franchise Fee upon signing the Franchise Agreement. Please see FDD for details
- Royalty Fee for a Start-up Franchise: Up to 6% of gross revenue or $1,500 per month, whichever is greater.
- Royalty Fee for a Conversion Franchise: Graduated plan that starts at 2% of gross revenues per month in Year 1 and increases to the greater of 6% or $1,500 per month in Year 4.
- Marketing: Brand Fee is 1.5% of gross revenue. This fee contributes to the development and recognition of the Mister Sparky brand.
Build Your Service Company
One of the most popular ways owners will utilize Mister Sparky franchise ownership is by expanding their company’s existing home service lines. As part of the Authority Brands family, Mister Sparky, One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning, and Benjamin Franklin Plumbing owners are provided with the chance to expand both their territory and service lines to generate a great deal of revenue and profit.
Because the franchise system between each brand is extremely similar, the cost of adding an Authority Brands service to your existing company is much more cost-effective than if you were trying to start your own HVAC/plumbing/electrical service company. As a result, our owners enjoy much higher economies of scale for their spend.