Validation is an important step in the franchise discovery process for Mister Sparky. A franchise validation call provides the opportunity to interview an existing franchise owner, enabling you to ask questions about the brand, business, industry, or franchising in general.
During this call, the franchise owner will candidly share their review of the brand and their firsthand experience with franchising. To make the most of your time, it's crucial to come prepared with well-thought-out questions. To help you get started, we've compiled some of the top questions for validation calls with Mister Sparky.
What are the Best Questions for a Franchise Validation Call?
While there are no strict rules or requirements regarding the questions you can ask, it's essential to ask what matters most to you. Writing down your questions ahead of time and noting any follow-up questions during the call can help you stay organized and ensure you get the answers you need.
The following suggestions can aid in creating your list of questions and maximize the value of your franchise validation call.
Questions About the Franchisee’s Background
At Mister Sparky, we don’t look for a specific franchisee background. Our franchise opportunity appeals to entrepreneurs from various industries who have varying experience levels in the electrical industry. By asking a current franchise owner about their background, you can better understand their journey to the industry and how your journey may look in the future.
Consider asking these questions to better understand a franchisee’s background prior to joining Mister Sparky:
- What did you do before franchising?
- How did you become a franchise owner? What led you to franchising?
- Why did you choose to franchise with Mister Sparky?
- How long have you owned your franchise?
Questions About the Franchise Discovery and Launch Process
To truly understand what it's like to work with the Mister Sparky team and launch your own electrical services franchise, hearing from franchise owners who have experienced the process is invaluable. Questions about the franchise discovery and launch process can help set clear expectations for your franchise journey.
Consider these questions to gain insights into the process of franchising with Mister Sparky from someone who has been through it:
- How did you fund your franchise?
- How did you decide on your territory?
- Describe your experience with the training provided by Mister Sparky. What training was provided, and how did it help prepare you to launch your business?
- What advice would you give someone just beginning their franchise journey?
Questions About Franchising Operations and Support
Support and resources continue even after signing on the dotted line. Mister Sparky franchise owners benefit from ongoing tools and support, including operations, marketing, hiring, and more. Inquiring about franchise operations and support provides a clearer picture of the valuable resources franchise owners receive throughout their business journey.
Consider asking these questions to gain a deeper understanding of the resources available to franchise owners and how they implement them in their businesses:
- What challenges have you faced, and how did you overcome them?
- What was your first year in business like?
- Which tools or resources do you use the most?
- Are you reaching your profitability goals? How long did it take to become profitable?
- Looking back, would you change anything about your first year of business?
- What role do you currently play in your business? How do you balance work and home?
Start Your Franchising Journey with Mister Sparky!
A franchise validation call is an important step in the franchise buying process. Our team is ready to walk you through the Mister Sparky discovery process, so you can launch your own electrical services business. Contact us today to learn more about the Mister Sparky franchise opportunity.