Outdoor electrical safety tips can be a lifesaver during holidays. Like Memorial Day, for example, it is a time to remember the great men and women that have served our country while giving their lives for our freedom. We often spend times with friends, family and loved ones around the lake, beach, and swimming pool. We all love to have fun barbecuing and spending time outdoors having quality time together. This Memorial Day, have fun, and take note of these simple outdoor electrical safety tips to make your time more enjoyable!
- Have a licensed electrician inspect your swimming pool and spa electrical wiring to make sure it’s up to code.
- Make sure to check all outdoor electrical cords, outlets and lights for fraying, cracks, or splices.( especially if you have dogs or recently have done some weed eating.)
- Be sure any outdoor electrical outlets are utilizing GFCI’s ( Ground Fault Interrupters) to avoid electrical shocks around sprinklers or pool areas.
- Make sure that people that are swimming or wet do not touch electrical devices like radios or their charging phones until they are out and have completely dried off.
- Utilize battery operated electronic devices as opposed to having those having electrical cords.
- Have a pre-planned emergency action if someone is suffering an accidental electric shock.
- Be careful around boat docks and marinas with electrical hoist and docks with lights.
- If you’re flying your drone or kite keep in mind that there are overhead power lines nearly everywhere.
- Always keep your grill at least 25 feet from overhead power lines.
For all your residential electrical needs both indoors and outdoors, Dallas/Fort Worth Electrician,Mister Sparky® of Dallas Fort Worth is here for you! Call (469) 208-4475 for a Dallas Electrician or for a Fort Worth Electrician. Have a safe Memorial Day weekend!