Earth Day 2014
Americans waste more energy than any other country in the world. In fact, we waste 57 percent of the energy flowing into the economy, and in honor of Earth Day, which is celebrated around the world on April 22, Mister Sparky wants to educate you and the community on how easy it can be to conserve energy, help the planet and save money.
We've been serving customers in your area for years and have compiled a list of simple tips every home owner can use not only this month, but all year long.
- Unplug appliances. Although they might not be turned on, simply leaving them plugged in can waste energy by emitting CO2.
- Replace all incandescent light bulbs. There’s a reason manufacturers are not making incandescent bulbs anymore. Ensure all of your old ones are replaced with CF or LED lights.
- Turn off the lights. This may seem simple, but turning off the lights each time after you leave a room can greatly reduce the energy it takes to light your home.
- Use a power strip. By plugging electrical appliances into a strip, you can help reduce phantom loads and simply turn off the strip when appliances aren't in use.
- Use the sun. Install window treatments that allow you to use the natural light instead of always using electricity to light your home.
- Consult an electrician. Call a professional for a complete evaluation of your home’s efficiency.
A family of home services:
Strong partnerships and a national support system.
Independently owned and operated.